COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airway. It’s caused by a type of coronavirus, these are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. These particular viruses are transmitted between animal and people.
- High Temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP Surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
You should only contact 111 if:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days