The volunteers of the charity are creating a memorial garden so that all members of the group are able to have a special place where they can pay their respects and remember their loved ones. They will have the opportunity to plant flowers and place plagues/stones in remember of their loved ones.
The garden was started on the 17th May 2019, the first jobs were to take up the top layer of turf, level the land, lay the membrane, place the chippings and put up the back fence panels. We are extremely and truly grateful to the following businesses for their amazing generosity for donating materials for the garden:
- Jewson in Bridgend for donating all the chippings and lending the turf cutter for the day.
- Travis Perkins in Bridgend for donating some membrane.
- Bakers DIY in Aberkenfig for donating some membrane.
- Nottage Joinery Ltd for help with sourcing the 6ft fence panels.
- Bridgend Van Centre for kindly offering their time and a vehicle to pick up some of the materials for us.
And lastly, a enormous thank you to Gareth and his team from Business In Focus, for all your hard work in getting the garden started.
The garden is still a long way off being completed as we still need quite a bit of materials to get it finished. We currently have a JustGiving funding page set up to try and get the materials that we need.
Thank you so so so much to everyone that has supported us with this project so far, we couldn’t of got this far without all of your amazing support.